Digital consultancy Public Creative is launching an immersive new site for innocent kids this week as part of an overhaul of the brand’s digital strategy. It forms the centrepiece of a large-scale integrated campaign that will engage kids year-round, and marks a new direction for the innocent kids’ brand.
The new identity was first introduced in TV spots this March and the site, www.innocentkids.co.uk, will continue its roll-out, featuring Flash games, rewards and interactive content as part of a fully immersive experience that kids will love and mums will trust.
Public’s brief was to create an interactive and ever-expanding fruity innocent world for the innocent gang characters, incorporating current work and integrating with online, 3D cinema, TV and significant offline activity such as in-store promotions. While previous campaigns have each been designated a purpose-built microsite with a lifespan of approximately three months, the new site is designed to adapt to multiple campaigns and evolve over time.
One of the key main objectives of the new site is to immerse kids in the fun and fruity world of the innocent gang and Kids will be able to interact with the characters throughout the experience, as well as in the interactive Flash games.
The agency wanted to create a site that strikes a perfect balance between immersion and engagement, whilst providing longevity with a flexible content management system allowing innocent to fully translate their expert understanding of kids as consumers into an enriched online experience.
In addition to building upon its popular web games, innocent is keen to reward kids not just for playing those games, but for utilising all facets of the website. Prize points will be awarded for everything from downloading activities, sharing content or simply watching a video, and with new prizes every month, children will be able to check how they fare against their friends through community leader boards.
The site will feature several key areas:
- Home: With an emphasis on engagement from the first click, children will step into the innocent world from the moment they arrive at the homepage through the use of the innocent characters, as well as content lists displaying the latest content on the site. innocent will also have promotional messages on the homepage, along with flexible skins that will change to reflect seasonal and special events, bringing an element of freshness and surprise to each repeat visit.
- Play: Beginning with ‘The Dude’s Banana Plane Game’, new games will regularly be added to the already vast archive of innocent games, allowing children to play and compete for best scores and win prizes. Players will also have the opportunity to customise their experience by designating preferred games as ‘favourites’, allowing for easy access upon returning.
The Gang: Kids will be able to learn more about the innocent characters, bringing them to life with downloadable activities, as well as finding out their individual personalities and favourite games.
- Win: The win page will feature the current prize of the month, as well as featuring the previous month’s winner.
- Do: This will allow kids to be as creative as possible, with a range of activities designed to get them thinking and creating through online and offline activities.
- Hidden Areas: From a secret game to a seasonal activity, players will also be rewarded with a series of unlockable content available after a set period of time.
Staying true to innocent’s ethos, the site includes an area for parents with more information on the health benefits of innocent smoothies and internet safety.
Rhydian Fisher, managing director, Public commented: “innocent Kids is an example to other FMCG brands about how to run a genuinely integrated campaign. Kids can interact with the innocent gang on pack, in store, online, on TV and on iPhone. Each medium drives to the other and works in harmony.”
Gurdeep Loyal, brand manager, innocent kids, added: “2011 is a huge year for innocent kid’s . We’re investing in digital to create long term relationships with kids and parents. Through the ever-expanding site for Kids, we’ll generate lots of really engaging digital content for Kids giving them an immersive experience of the innocent gang and compelling reasons to explore the site and the apps.”